Dragon Age 2 trailer

March 2011 is the release date set for Bioware's sequel to Dragon Age: Origin. The first game I played extensively and I have to admit that they delivered in terms of producing a game which played like Knights of the Old Republic gameplay, with a gritty fantasy setting. And the it was the darker tone of the game which I think made it as memorable, as it was fun.

I've noticed a trend in science fiction and fantasy titles in gaming, and it's that they have increasingly lighter tones. Final Fantasy 13 opened with a city in revolt, and a resistance being filled with optimistic "young scamp" character types broke the illusion far too quickly. Science Fiction has also taken a departure from its dystopian roots, and leaned more towards family friendly, more marketable stories. Anyway, here are two video game trailers that give me hope. But are more importantly entertaining.










No comments: