Snippets of Crickets! 100th post!

This is my 100th blog post, and it won't be very long. I'm not celebrating or anything, seriously. I'm not sitting in my room at 3a.m. with a party hat and running mascara or anything. Not anymore. Anyways, I hope you all head a good weekend and that Halloween wasn't a bust for anyone. It has come to my attention that it is now November, which means that my participation in National Novel Writing Month, otherwise known as NaNoWriMo, has begun, and by the months end I damn well better have a 50,000 word story finished. Does it need to be good? No. Will it be good? Certainly not. Will I be revealing juicy details about my work on this very blog? Negative.

What I will say is this, I get to play the role of god. And I refuse to spell that with a capital letter because it's not a name, its a job. Now I don't mean it in the sense that as the creator of this story I can do whatever I want and have complete control over anything and everything in this tale, but more in the sense that I feel like god playing the role of narrator quite literally. I will be god, who is picking on an atheist, in a very religious community, and watching him squirm under my omnipotent thumb like the miserable little wretch that he is!



What compelled me to sound so malevolent just now?


Maybe I was drunk on power. The mystifying power of pretend!


OK I won't be that harsh on our main character. I don't mean to sound as if I'm going to be hurling bolts of lightning at the poor chap while he's asleep or anything. It should sound more like I've sat right next to you, and said, "hey, look at that guy over there. he's about to slip on a banana peel in three, two, one. there we go. nice meeting you." Now just think of it more as a 50 thousand word banana peel, and we might be more on track.

On top of school, and this project, I sincerely doubt my ability to post insightful new non-video related blogs during the month of November. Now now, don't let that dissuade you from checking in every once in awhile (or everyday) because I may just be able to post snippets of crickets that will help pass the time, or minute. Odds are I'll post a song that captures the vibe of the day/week/year/lifespan if I can, and maybe you'll like it? You probably won't. But hey, it takes all sorts to make a world. Right? Of course I'm right you dolt!

Tonight in my local downtown scene, the people are celebrating Dia De Los Muertos, and I plan to attend. Will I jump jive and wail? To no avail. Before you depart, please have a listen to one of the songs from the PC video game classic, Grim Fandango, just to get you in the mood. Created by the brilliant and humorous Tim Schafer, who made Psychonauts and more recently, Brutual Legend. Thanks for reading, I can't tell you how awesome it feels to have a reader, let alone three, and here's to another 100 blog posts! Enjoy!


2 comments:

LuEGee said...

First….congratulations on the BIG 1-0-0! You should celebrate and your Mascara should be running (unless you switched to water-proof hehe jk). It’s not easy to post 100 blogs but YOU DID IT. I’ll make sure an orange balloon makes it your way =D

Next…I’m glad to read that you’re taking part and promoting NaNOWriMo, even if it keeps you from blogging. Interesting selection for your story…. I’m looking forward to your Nov30th blog as confirmation that your goal was met.

And today is ‘Dia De Los Muertos’ but you knew that... also its election day….perhaps we’ll see some heads roll...

l3montree said...

Congrats! Happy Day of the Dead to you too. And yes, I just translated that. Why? Because we're in America! =)