#26 Wall-E (2008)

#26 Wall-E (2008)

The Pixar masterpiece is as gorgeous to look at, as it is touching to watch. An adorable little trash compactor robot is alone on an abandoned trash heap of an Earth. While digging through the unwanted remains of society, he discovers all sorts of trinkets that he saves as keepsakes, and dances to classic show tunes, longing to know the choreographed romance of his very ancient predecessors. That alone is enough for a whole movie, but when he meets another robot whom he falls in love with, he winds up in outer space trying to save the proof that Earth is still a habitable place to live, while trying to save the robotic object of his affection all the while. Maybe it's because I was intoxicated, but I was a wreck for almost the whole movie. It played my heart strings like Jimmy Page wailing on the guitar. The lack of dialogue make this movie far greater cinematic experience than most others. It was a tough call between this film and The Incredibles, as my choice for Pixar’s entry in my Top 30, but I admit that Wall-E made far greater an impact on me, and has rightfully earned its silent place as number 26.

1 comment:

checho said...

Wall-E is my soulmate. Even if he IS a rip-off of johnny 5. Welcome to the Wonderful World of copyright infringement!!!