#3 Reservoir Dogs (1993)


#3 Reservoir Dogs (1993)

This can't be a surprise. Tarantino's best work in my opinion. Harvey Keitel is an absolute force of nature in this movie, and everyone else in it is just superb. The soundtrack is incredible. Scorsese invented the slow motion walk, and Tarantino perfected it. This is the most riveting ticking clocks ever filmed. My blood runs cold every time I have to see it seeping out of Tim Roth, whose bathroom speech was one of the best monologues I've ever witnessed. This movie is as brutal as it is sincere, and rests comfortably at number 3 on my list of Top 30 Favourite Movies of all time.

There was this really awful PS2 game that came out several years ago, and it was a third person shooter. It focused on all aspects of the movie that weren't covered in the film. Such as what happened to Mr. Blue, what went wrong during the heist, and more. It utilized a body shield mechanic that was way too over used. They tried though. Gotta give them that. Now a major bank-heist-that-goes-wrong set int he Star Wars universe? Were do I sign up? I can already hear the accusations being tossed around that warehouse. You can't trust a Rodian. The Corellian took the all the credits. The fucking Sith is a lunatic!

No comments: