#5 Princess Mononoke (1997)



#5 Princess Mononoke (1997)

This is the ultimate depiction of both Hayao Miyazaki's masterful grasp of film making, as well as the pinnacle of man-vs-nature storytelling. With Billy Crudup and Billy Bob Thornton (among many others) perform wonderfully as this has got to be one of the best English dubbed movies ever. The soundtrack is positively phenomenal and the completely hand drawn animation blows my mind more each time I see this film. The character designs are from another world, and are glorious to behold. I can't do this movie justice with words, so I'm going to stop trying.

Below is an anime music video (AMV) with clips from the movie, while Royksopp's "So Easy" plays over it, which I think matches it beautifully. Only four movies left in my Top 30 Favourite Films of all time countdown. Thanks for checking it out!


No comments: