Welcome to Billog in 2012

Please click play and read, or don't click play and read. 
Or click play and don't read, or don't click play and don't read.
But those are your only options. 



Thanks everyone for tuning in to biLLog in the year 2012 for my first post! I have to apologize for my hiatus at the end of last year because I was wrapping up school and wanted to take a little time off to enjoy myself. That aside, I will be updating my blog far more with lots of good things in store for this year. This year I will do my best to provide you original content as well. So even if its only a funny picture or video from one of the many sites I admire, hopefully everyday will give you a new reason to come back and check the site out. 


As for the Super Mario RPG ending credits video above, after watching The Completionist's hilarious review of this game, it made me take an obligatory stroll down nostalgia lane. Playing this game as a kid was a magical experience, the self referential  humor, the simple game design, the colorful cast of characters, and the brilliant music especially was something that I really loved and remember fondly to this day. This awesome medley of the games musical score lets me relive every moment of this game, and feels so celebratory in scale that I just can't help but smile. The actual ending sequence was perhaps one of the most rewarding endings on the Super Nintendo, and its just a parade. Although saying this is just a parade is like saying the game is just an RPG.  Seeing the screen grow dark and all the floats turn into a light show made my head explode as a kid, and today it makes me remember what it was like to have to scrap my brains off the ceiling before my parents got home from work. 


For some reason this always felt like New Years music to me. As if the raging positivity is setting the tone for whole year ahead, and I truly hope it does for each and everyone of you. Thanks again for stopping by and heppy new years. 
~biLLog

No comments: